5 Ways to Ease Stress in a Potential Lockdown
With the Corona pandemic hitting the world... People are experiencing more stress as we try to negotiate unknown territories. At mabel + meg we are already aware that stress can have a major impact on peoples lives and as a brand we actively promote self care and the art of slowing down and appreciating the little things.
So what are five things you can do to relax those anxious minds.
1. Turn on the tunes.... Studies have shown that music can dampen the hormone, Cortisol which reduces stress. Look at creating your own Spotify playlist of your favorite tunes...or turn on the record player and dig out one of your favourite albums.
2. Exercise.... while you are creating that slow relaxing playlist... why not add a fun list with lots of rhythm that makes you want to hit the dance floor... let your hair out, swing those arms about and let it all go.. As you do, your brain will release endorphins, raising those feel good chemicals and reducing Cortisol.
3. Laugh... now if you want to improve the mood, record your crazy dance moves on video...and as you watch your skillful crazy dance moves don't resist the urge to laugh out loud ... but if you are one of those totally coordinated dances.. you may need to watch you favorite Netflix comedy
4. Relax in a bath with our Fields of Tasmania Bath salts. Enjoy a soothing bath filled with essential oils, Tasmanian Lavender and Coastal Kunzea blended with Epsom Salt and Himalayan salt. Creating a unique Tasmanian experience. Lavender oil has been proven to improve mood and reduce stress. Kunzea is known to help with cold and flu symptoms.
Did you know that stress drains the body of magnesium. By dissolving Epsom salts in warm water magnesium is absorbed through the skin. Magnesium helps to produce serotonin. a mood improving chemical in the brain that creates a feeling of calm.
5. Escape into a book....A great way to escape the worries of life around us.. light a mabel + meg candle.. pour a glass of wine or a cup of tea and curl up on the couch and enjoy immersing yourself in another place.
If you have any other ways that you have found especially good to de stress let us know in the comments. Xxx